请选择 进入手机版 | 继续访问电脑版

钱币论坛_首席收藏网

找回密码
 立即注册

首席专场竞买 | 春拍四月 12-14日 HKCS | 15日 SBP瑰宝之夜 机制币 纸钞 | 20日 三省 | 24日 K&R | 27日 邓通 | 五月 3日 MDC | 7日 Sedwick | 17日 23届CICE北京 | 六月 1日 宜和

首席甄选店铺 首席收藏官方店铺 | 茉莉钱庄 | 权芳斋 | 德泉缘 | 德藏世界币章 | 广银阁 | 姑苏银庄 | 东丰阁 | 剑客精品银圆 | 成都小江 | WNumismatics

精选藏品列表 皇冠收藏 | 北京阿城哥 | 天生銀家 | 泉博文物 | 小陈弟弟 | 万泉斋 | 泉是漏 | 浩川收藏 | 蜀藏阁 | 汕头博雅藏 | 梧诲泉阁 | 凝晖堂

查看: 8536|回复: 15

Colloctors? Dealers!

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

入阁

积分

最佳新人热心会员推广达人

QQ
发表于 2017-7-15 04:55:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 匹兹堡钢人 于 2017-7-15 05:18 编辑

Pretty boring Friday in my office and don't want to do my work. Having realized that there is a global channel in Shouxi for a while but didn't get a chance to post anything here. Okay, since no Chinese input installed in my office’s desktop, let me just write something in mind now as my first post here. Sorry about that Shouyuan but I want to write something intense here since I feel much comfortable to write my story and feeling in English.

Last year, there is a folk bought me several coins and said "he is a true collector" which implies he will not sell the coins immediately after purchasing. However, after he purchased the coins he sold them immediately on the market. Well, that is totally fine with me since there is almost no difference for me to sell my coins to collectors or dealers. However, the story goes wild after that. He purchased a coin from me on May. At that time, the market is hot and the coin worth around 45K RMB. If I didn’t sell it to him, I can sell it to anyone else easily with a price around it. He told me again said he is a collector and like the toning one the coin. Since this coin has a mechanical error on it which doesn’t have secure picture, he required me to send the coin back for photo and promised that he will pay it after the coin was back. Sadly, I trusted him againand and send it back to PCGS. A month later, I received the coin but he said he needs money for house renovation. Now, another one month has passed but he still doesn’t have money for this coin. I asked him when he will pay my coin but he just kept saying that he spent too much money on buying my other coins before and didn’t success on selling them (Actually, he only bought around 80K RMB coins from me this year). WTF his logic is really odd since it is not my business that you didn’t success on selling those coins. You bought other coins from me last year and earned a lot this year, why not mention those? Real sucker! the market changes quickly, and now the coin may be only worth around 38K RMB. That means if he doesn’t want this coin now, I will surely lose money.

Shouyuan just introduced the “Big Collectors Series” serial story here and I do believe we need real big collectors. Of course as a coin seller I like to sell my coins to real collectors since most of the time they can offer me better price than dealer. However, those people claim themselves as collectors but act no difference as adealer really sucks. To be honest, most dealers are way better than those guys. Although they offer lower price which sometimes makes me unhappy, but they always do clear payment and will never complain back to me if they buy overpriced coin. No one can predict market, I sold a lot of coins which make my buyer earned a lot of money! But I never say any word about it! I think that’s ok since I earned my portion of money, that’s enough. Also, you need to build your credibility no matter you are a collector or dealer. Nobody likes to do business with people without credibility.

At last, I want to express my feeling about this market. I am an active seller for many years and experienced many things. I do believe I am qualified for commenting it. Nowadays, the group of real collectors decreases a lot, at least I don't even know where to find them. Several years ago, high quality coins are collectable items and lots of people really want to collect them. Nowadays, they just like regular luxury item. You can always buy them on wechat auction if you have money. You don’t need to wait for a long time for them to appear on the auction or search them around over the world. Everything now is just like fast food and the coin is just like product on the pipeline! That’s why I turn myself from a half-collector-half-seller to completely a seller, since I fed up with this market and the way people think about the coin cultures. For people who just enter this world, I know you must be disappointed after reading about it but sadly speaking, this is the truth, just like the truth of life.

In the end, I want to say: Don’t dream, Don’t talk about 情怀, let’s do something real!

This is my first post here. Yes, pretty intense and so many negative feelings. if most of people don’t like it, I will shut up. If you like it, thumb it up and I will write something new if I got time.

Thanks for reading and your comments are welcomed.

Joe
本账号只发个人收藏,不发任何评论文字,也不回复任何私下留言,如有类似情况,皆为账号被盗用导致,请不要理会。本人不负任何责任。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

入阁

积分
发表于 2017-7-15 05:26:24 | 显示全部楼层
Hi mate, take it easy.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分

推广达人宣传达人

QQ
发表于 2017-7-15 07:16:57 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you Joe and all your real emotion express, it's great because lot's people's coins are fake, stories are fake sometime in this industry. I also feel lots of bad experience since I join in. It's a reality, but time is still go on whatever you think it's good or not.

So I decide to do things as I like from 2013. Refer to Big collector series, I hope this can help us to wake up some old guys' first dream before, and show some different collection life style to new people. Just tell them how funny the taste is.

I almost spend all my money to buy or upgrade my coins, I realize it can make me feel happy and peace when I face some bad things. I also realize this can be my job in the future, just like sports for me since 2001. Working for hobby is funny but also danger because it may make lose interest.

Shouxi.com is my vision, not only because I like coins, but also I saw the future of coins more before I decide to join in when 2011. Then I tell myself, I should do something in this industry. Just keep your state when you can make sense with something.

Anytime, please don't lose hope and dream easy, this is a new industry, it's hopeful in the future, don't give up something now, find more and more interest things and make you happy.

I think this industry and Shouxi need to do something differen, so we do platform different. We all need more and more young and passion guys! Time will prove something indeed. Take it easy and tmrw is another day.

Thank you again, Joe.
藏无天长地久 珍惜曾经拥有 | 茉莉钱庄 | 权芳斋 - 藏品展示及交流

Cell/Wechat: 139-1102-2008 不闲聊不鉴定不估价,如有咨询敬请发论坛
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

入阁

积分
发表于 2017-7-15 09:57:27 | 显示全部楼层
We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
         -- Mattin Luther King

Good luck!
莫听穿林打叶声,何妨吟啸且徐行。竹杖芒鞋轻胜马,谁怕?一蓑烟雨任平生。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

版主

积分

活跃会员热心会员突出贡献优秀版主荣誉管理

发表于 2017-7-15 10:05:43 | 显示全部楼层
Others laugh I am too crazy, I laugh at others do not see。
--Tang Bohu
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分

推广达人宣传达人

QQ
发表于 2017-7-15 10:42:33 | 显示全部楼层
The rose is beautiful, but we think that, to make it more beautiful is that it contains the fragrance.
--Shakespeare

The coin is beautiful, but I think that, to make it more beautiful is the collectors' noble spirit and humananity.
--Yagao

回复 支持 1 反对 0

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

入阁

积分

活跃会员热心会员宣传达人灌水之王

发表于 2017-7-15 16:26:54 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
Nothing easy and this is life all about.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

入阁

积分

活跃会员热心会员灌水之王

QQ
发表于 2017-7-15 23:54:36 | 显示全部楼层
@#¥%¥#@!……%……&……*&*……%¥%¥@!@

咱这外语也不弱~!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

入阁

积分

活跃会员热心会员宣传达人灌水之王

发表于 2017-7-16 02:07:21 | 显示全部楼层
杨瑞江 发表于 2017-7-15 23:54
@#¥%¥#@!……%……&……*&*……%¥%¥@!@

咱这外语也不弱~!: ...

楊老師这个是失传数千年的古埃及语,了不得.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

贵宾

积分

论坛贵宾

发表于 2017-7-16 17:10:57 | 显示全部楼层
No worries Joe. There are still many real collectors out there. maybe u just haven't met them. Collectors have collector's circle. And the people around me are all real collectors. Maybe when u come back sometimes u will meet them as well.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

入阁

积分

活跃会员热心会员灌水之王

QQ
发表于 2017-7-16 23:25:51 | 显示全部楼层
真后悔当初没好好的学学外语。

当然,在中国,大部分小学、初中、高中和大学里的教外语的老师们不是二把刀半吊子,就是名副其实的棒槌!

对外语有语言天赋和自学成才的人,在中国,十万个人里面有两巴掌算是很了不的了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

进士

积分

活跃会员热心会员宣传达人

发表于 2017-7-17 08:45:56 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 buychina 于 2017-7-17 09:52 编辑

World is changing and we have no choice but adjusting. like it or not, new things come out every day  we can quickly become old timer if we don't catch up.

landscape of coin collecting, dealing, trading, selling, and buying changes dramatically over past a few years. Internet makes information readily available. Price of coin and market change is way easier to be monitored. It is hard to make a good deal and easy money due to information advantage. In a good old day of 2011, a local coillector approached me and sold me a fairly large numbers Chinese coins, including auto dollar, flying dragon, bird over, multiple dragon dollars, etc,  for only $13k.  He sold me a double dragon dollar, which is housed in PCGS holder now, for $400!  I basically deep cleaned its Chinese coins in a local coin store owned by Michael Chou's high school buddy. Now, good old day is over. Everyone know it is easy to find a price of Chinese coin on magic ebay or HA, stacks. one step further, shouxi offers one stop shop and provides essentially everything at the same place. Dealers or collectors are equally smart, if not smarter. Old tricks of treasure hunt in the good old day is part of history. we have to, reluctunately,  kiss goodby to tsunami like profit of past.

Fortunately, most of us have our main vocation and don't have to rely on coin dealing to buy our next day's bread. We don't expect to sell the coin to buy baby diaper. Therefore, mentality adjustment is critical in dealing with the landscape reconfiguration. If we continue to pay attention to profit, it could be very distressful because it is hard to make much  and quick money  by coin dealing at this stage. Instead, if we focus on dealing per se, buying, selling, collecting, trading, we would have much more fun. My daughter last week wrote something surprising me.  she wrote that pirates spend their whole life to find treasure with map but they forget the real treasure is friendship built up on the way. We can harvest friendship and knowledge which is beyond $$ and last longer. Life is on going and enjoy the process.

if you don't expect much, you would not disappoint a lot. try to avoid those untrustful people and stop trading with them. buying what you like and saving them in safe box. In a long run, you will be awarded handsomly.

Enjoyoing the on-going  process and enjoying fantacy of possilby long term return is my strategy in this post modern coin dealing world.

点评

Totally agree  发表于 2017-7-17 13:41
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

举人

积分
发表于 2018-2-9 00:13:31 | 显示全部楼层
"Sometimes good things fall apart,so better things can fall together"

-From your WeChat friend'COIN',a real post 90s coin collector
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

入阁

积分

活跃会员热心会员推广达人宣传达人

发表于 2018-2-12 16:40:40 | 显示全部楼层
Joe, something that seems bad or unlucky at first, but results in something good happening later...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分

推广达人宣传达人

QQ
发表于 2018-2-12 22:43:58 | 显示全部楼层
草加 发表于 2018-2-12 16:40
Joe, something that seems bad or unlucky at first, but results in something good happening later...

wisdom words, we always can learn from the sufferings.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|首席收藏 ( 京ICP备11006322号-8 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 04:31 , Processed in 0.032345 second(s), 22 queries .